How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71268
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I hit a parked car today in the gym car park I left my

This answer was rated:

I hit a parked car today in the gym car park I left my details with the gym but haven’t heard anything do I need to do anything else

What time was this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi it was about 11 30 am


You need to report to a police station within 24 hours. Strictly speaking it should have been done immediately but as long as you do it within 24 hours they won't take any action against you.

You could phone them now on the 101 number and notify although you will have to go in as well.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks ok I didn’t realise I will go in tomorrow am - will they pass my details on it only if the other person reports the damage ( I am not sure if they have my details already from the gym )

No, they won't pass on your details but if he reports they will give you his to make contact.

If you don't make contact they may prosecute then.

nothing will happen about this as long as you report to a police station.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you that’s great appreciate your help I will attend the police station first thing

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you