F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

My ex husband has told me he has left his job and therefore

My ex husband has told me he has left his job and therefore can’t pay maintenance. His last remaining parent passed away last October who was wealthy so I obviously don’t know details of the will but know he would have come into money and there are 3 flats that the three siblings would have been left that must provide rental income for him. He had also bought a Porsche in last few months as an ‘extra’ car to his other 2 cars. He has recently married and his partner works full time. So overall he has access to a lot of money and now refusing to pay me any maintenance as he is not in full time employment. Is here anything I can do it all seems so unfair! Many thanks Fiona Parbutt
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Child maintenance I meant to say not spousal . I don’t get spousal and I am now remarried.

Hello for clarification what was the agreement regarding child maintainance when you divorced?

how may children do you have?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
2 children aged 10 and 12. I will look up exact working but basically it’s the 20% of net income. The CSA guideline