Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Can a housing officer use a telephone call complaint about

can a housing officer use a telephone call complaint about another tennent in an eviction, if the complainant has asked it not to be used

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Assuming he does not disclose who made it, then yes.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
is that the same rule for court evidence in tenancy conviction cases ?

In those cases then the evidence can be used without permission if it went to court.

Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
is there a way to with draw the evidence, i asked for it not to be used id made big mistake telling her?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
if no will my name be used any where

no, it is not for you to do. If the matter is contested and you do not attend court, the complaint itself would hold no weight at all.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sorry just to clarify , if i do not give my consent and do not attend court what i said cannot be used in evidence and my name cannot be quoted, is that correct ?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
also, would the eviction letter quote my name and the information i mentioned in the telephone call ( i have told the housing officer i wish to withdraw everything i said )? thanks

correct. The letter would not include name. Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sorry also no evidence would be used as not relevent . so im not incouded at all ? again sorry but im worried sick.

You won't be included as no evidence.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you so much x

No problem