How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7076
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
Type Your Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

Please can someone help me in advising of consequences if I

This answer was rated:

Please can someone help me in advising of consequences if I withdraw rape charges

It is the Crown Prosecution Service that would withdraw the charges. You can either withdraw the allegation or refuse to give evidence but if he has admitted the charge of rape they can proceed without you.

If you withdraw the charge you risk being charged with wasting police time depending on the view the police take of your reasons for alleging rape.

If there are any further points please respond I will be happy to reply.

Kindly either accept or rate my answer so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes


Michael Holly and other Law Specialists are ready to help you