How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11201
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Is an application for a non EU migrant Visa for a skilled /

This answer was rated:

is an application for a non EU migrant Visa for a skilled / charity worker, impacted or impeded IF the migrant owns a share in a UK private limited company ?

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1. Dear *****, the issue of whether a non-EU migrant owns shares in a UK limited company is an irrelevant consideration when determining whether they should get a visa for the UK.

2. You need to realise that anyone, based anywhere in the world, can hold shares in a UK private limited company. There is no limitation depending upon where you work.

3. The only the ownership of shares in a UK limited company becomes live is if the migrant is earning his living from this UK limited company and it is operating in the UK.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sincere thanks indeed.

4. Obviously, if the migrant is earning a living from a UK operating company, then they are unlikely to get a visa as a charity worker as this is a disguised method of entering the UK.

Buachaill and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

5. However, in the normal course, owning shares in a UK company is like owning a UK property. It is not a relevant consideration for getting a non-EU visa.