Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Is an application for a non EU migrant Visa for a skilled /

is an application for a non EU migrant Visa for a skilled / charity worker, impacted or impeded IF the migrant owns a share in a UK private limited company ?

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1. Dear *****, the issue of whether a non-EU migrant owns shares in a UK limited company is an irrelevant consideration when determining whether they should get a visa for the UK.

2. You need to realise that anyone, based anywhere in the world, can hold shares in a UK private limited company. There is no limitation depending upon where you work.

3. The only the ownership of shares in a UK limited company becomes live is if the migrant is earning his living from this UK limited company and it is operating in the UK.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sincere thanks indeed.

4. Obviously, if the migrant is earning a living from a UK operating company, then they are unlikely to get a visa as a charity worker as this is a disguised method of entering the UK.

5. However, in the normal course, owning shares in a UK company is like owning a UK property. It is not a relevant consideration for getting a non-EU visa.