How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3859
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I was appointed a director AFTER I had resigned without my

This answer was rated:

For Ben JONES I was appointed a director AFTER I had resigned without my consent or knowledge. The appointment was submitted electronically on 24/11/16 by the companies accountant who BACKDATED the appointment TO 1/06/16 ! I didnt sign a Consent to Act form and believe they would have needed to carry out MLA checks? The information filed at Companies House shows the date the AP01 form was submitted as 24/11/16!! I resigned 0n 7/11/16 !!The appointment was then terminated on 5/1/17 backdated to 7/11/16 which is before the actual date of appointment !! Can you advise the best course of action for me ? Should I email Companies House integrity complaints procedure and let them investigate or should I get a lawyer ? If the accountant is responsible who should I report him to and if the company is who do I report to ?

Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** my colleague has asked me to assist you. Yes as a starting point you should write to Companies House and state the you have already resigned the office and your secondary appointment was not consented to and is not effective. Companies House is an administrative record, so if you underlying appointment is not valid, then the AP01 is effectively just an erroneous document. It would not bind you to any subsequent director responsibility. In relation to the accountants conduct, I would recommend that you complain to his professional regulator. Is he a chartered accountant? Kind regards AJ

Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He is chartered ! I have already wrote to companies house ! I have a RP06 form which will remove my details from companies register and apparently they will investigate as company will have to hold on file a Consent to Act form signed by me ! As I didn't sign anything this could have been signed fraudulently, hence why I feel this is probably a legal matter . Can you also please advise on the MLA checks as these were not carried ! Also do you recommend reporting the fraud to companies house ?I am not concerned about any future director responsibility for this company as I will have my details removed, but I need to know if this is a legal matter and where to go ?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am unable to speak ! would just appreciate a reply thank you