How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33645
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

8 years ago my ex partner signed over some land we owned he

This answer was rated:

hi there 8 years ago my ex partner signed over some land we owned he did this as he had been having an affair he was not forced to do so but now i have met someone else he is jealous and us trying to take me to court saying my brothers threatened him to sign it over ti me this is total nonsense he is only doing this to hurt me and get £14,000 back where di i stand?
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: westbury wiltshire
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i received a letter from his solicitor last week but my brother's never assaulted him and there is no report as far as i know
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: just need to know where i stand its not fair being accused of something that did not happen

The starting point would be for you to get a solicitor to write formally to him basically pointing out that he has no case and that you will be defending the case and would also be seeking costs against him. The fact that he did not on his case go to the police at the time and in fact signed the papers over significantly weaken any such case he believes that he has.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanku he wrote several letters to me last year demanding the money he was too once he signed his half ownership over there was nothing he can di he is now being malicious and I just want to be left alone to get on with my life and am fed up with his harassment

As such it you get a solicitor to write to him and threaten that he is harassing you and seek a potential costs order against him then this may be enough to clear the issue.

ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you