12826847

My son is trying to find records of his spent convictions.

Hello. My son is trying to find records of his spent convictions. He appeared at Woking Magistrates several years ago and received a fine (£100), but Woking courts has been closed down so he can't find details of exactly what date he appeared.
Is there any way he can find out what spent convictions he has from the past on record? We just seem to keep going round in circles. Thanks

Hi what is the reason he needs to find this please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He wanted to apply for a SIA licence to be a door security officer, and the application process will require him to provide details of any past convictions even though they were some years in his past but because it was so far back he can't even remember what year. If he doesn't provide accurate information (dates) his application could be denied because they might think he's trying to hide something. He's stuck really, so he just wants to know how he can get the info

He can just make a SAR at any police station.

It will cost £10 and take about two weeks.

He will need to take ID sufficient to prove he is entitled to this information.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you - what does SAR stand for please?

subject access request.

It is not quite a printout of the PNC but it is any information they hold about him.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Excellent - many thanks for your help.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Will do - much appreciated.