How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71261
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My daughter's ex partner was convicted of domestic abuse in

This answer was rated:

My daughter's ex partner was convicted of domestic abuse in a Magistrates Court but he has now decided to appeal in the Crown Court. Does this mean that my daughter has to go through the traumatic ordeal of giving evidence again? If she is not able too does that mean her ex partner will go scot free?

She will have to give evidence again if he is appealing.

The other alternative is that they will probably seek a summons.

Their current policy is not to allow withdrawals.

It shouldn't traumatic though. Special measures are available and ultimately it is just a matter of telling the truth.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you