ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

My wife has said she wants to separate, but is not prepared

My wife has said she wants to separate, but is not prepared to go to mediation or councilling
The marital home is in joint names and she is not prepared to sell until she can save money to rent.
Tonight she has started throwing some old personal possessions out, some of which are mine.
She is also boxing up items like books and CD's, again the very many are he's, but I am not sure about a handful from the 50-60 she has boxed up.
Can she remove the items from the home?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry fat fingers typing, I meant to put:She is also boxing up items like books and CD's, again the very many are hers, but I am not sure about a handful from the 50-60 she has boxed up.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She will not even talk to to acknowledge what she is doing, saying 'I'm not interested'

She is entitled to remove her items from the home but not items which belong to you. You can call the police or indeed if she is being aggressive towards you (or causing harassment) you could in theory apply to the court for a non molestation order.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What if she believes they are hers and I think they are mine?
She hasn't got physical (and probably won't), but she can be verbally abusive (as can I when provoked.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She has also left some, which I think are hers

Well you really need to come up with a list or two lists and work out a way which settles this. The other option is for you to get a solicitor to write to her. I appreciate that this would certainly take a day or so and be expensive. But for you to write a letter to her (if she refuses to talk) with your list.