How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 51165
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I am very unhappy with the amount of money a solicitor

This answer was rated:

I am very unhappy with the amount of money a solicitor charged me and did not resolve my problem.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Please explain what happened in a little bit more detail

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was having problems with the owners of a petrol station which is next to my .house they had caused damage but were not dealing with the matter. I went to a solicitor who agreed that he would deal with the problem. After many months and a lot of expense to me he had not done anything to help. I had paid him about £4000.00 and got no help. I have not paid last invoice in full and I want to claim back the money I paid already.

How much have you paid?

Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

The first step is to pursue this directly with the solicitors as each firm should have a formal complaints process. If that does not resolve anything, you can consider going to the Legal Ombudsman, who is an impartial body which can look into cost complaints with solicitors:

If the Ombudsman is also unable to resolve this, the final option is to consider a small claims court claim to try and recover what was paid. This can be done online via

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Ben, I missed your 2 calls on Friday, will you be calling me back and if so what day and time.
Thank you and Regards

Hi there, unfortunately, it was not me who accepted the phone call request and the system does not allow me to check that. So unless the expert who did tries to call you again, you can get a refund for the phone call part (which is charged separately to the written answer I provided)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your quick response, if I do not hear anything by the end of tomorrow I will request a refund.
Kind Regards

No problem, just get back to me on here and I will resolve this for you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Ben I did not get a phone call today.
Will you please arrange for a refund for the cost of the phone call.

of course, will do

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you very much and thanks also for your advice.