ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

I live in a housing association 1 bedroom apartment which

I live in a housing association 1 bedroom apartment which since August has been effected by horrendous damp in my bedroom resulting from an ill fitted bath in my neighbours bath room. Not only have I lost the use of my bedroom since then but I've had the added inconvience of having to remove everything bar the bed, wardrobe and dressing table to both save things from being exposed to the black spores and also to allow easy access for when they come to repair the damage at the end of the month.
My question is how much monetary compensation am I entitled to request as clothing, bed linen and mattress will have to be replaced, I have MS and now also have an inhaler so i am not willing to retain anything that may result in my health suffering any further due to my compromised immune system?

Firstly the HA and legally obligated to sort the damp out at your property and this should have been dealt with by them immediately. As to compensation you should be put back into the position that you would have been save for the loss to your property. As such you will have to quantified the value of the lost/damaged items and you would be entitled to that sum. If you have any chest complaint then you would be expected to get a copy of a GP note or receipts for medication. If the linen and mattress are damaged then they should also be replacing these or meeting their cost. Again the same applies for the cost of the inhaler.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you that has clarified everything for me very grateful

I hope that answers your question. Please ask anything as necessary.

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you.