Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister

My son has just had a car accident. He was overtaking a

My son has just had a car accident. He was overtaking a parked car on a narrow street and the parked car driver opened the drivers door from the inside, and my son collided with the open/opening door. Who is at fault?

From what you have said your son has a very good argument that the parked car driver should have checked his mirrors before opening the door. A court might take the view that your son was driving too fast and the liability should be 50-50; but I would be very much of the view that the blame lies with the parked car driver should should not simply have opened the door. Happy to discuss and please rate positive.