How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7678
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Can I be charged for drink driving without taking a breath

This answer was rated:

Can I be charged for drink driving without taking a breath test and have already admitted to drinking 2 pints then fleeing the scene

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
As I mentioned before I have left a scene of accident. With no other party's involved no injurys, due to having alcohol in my system I have interview with the police today, don't know what else to say to them, can they prove I was drunk at the time of accident if they didn't breath test me even though I have gone into the police station and admitted I was returning from a pub.

Have they taken anything in terms of blood or urine from you?
What is the exact charge?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No test at the moment there is no charge I have to phone the officer today to take an interview but I'm scared I'm gunna say something wrong and they arrest me I'll lose everything

Ok - they can not charge you with driving with excess alcohol.

They may suspect it, but they can not prove it.

They would need breath, blood or urine.

They can not show you were over. Just because you had 2 pints does not mean you were over. Your body might deal with it well.

But you can not be charged. There is no evidence, just a suspicion.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
can they charge me with speeding if I have admitted this too they have car as evidence and it's a right off

Yes, they can charge you with speeding if they have evidence.
Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
one last question if they find drugs in my system today can they prove I was under the influence

They might be able to backdate it. But you do not have to consent to a test.

Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you very much