How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33972
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

In 2000 i had a car accident which was not looked into

This answer was rated:

hi in 2000 i had a car accident which was not looked into properly and was pushed into tacking what was on offer at the time 16/17 years later i had a mri scan which showed up my shoulder problem my doctor said that there was nothing else he could do just take pain tablets ive tried to contact the solicitor that dealt with this but no longer exist is their anything i can do.
thanks mike.

How old were you at the time?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i just would like a answer please this has cost me £38 for what ???

Ok. The fact that the firm is no longer in business is not a problem as they would have had insurance at the time. You would need to contact the SRA and I attach herewith the link -

It may well be that your claim is simply out of time, but if there was some error and you have only just found out about it then you may potentially still have a claim. There are many firms who will sue solicitors for negligence for you under a no win no fee scenario.

Does that make sense>?

ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you.