Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor

I have a question regarding the particulars of a claim that

Hello, I have a question regarding the particulars of a claim that has been made against me. I'm not sure the claim clearly details a cause of action? May I share the particulars for your advice please?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this

Can you please explain your siaution a little more?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Hi Jamie and thanks for your reply. The particulars as they appear on the claim form I've received are as follows;1. The Defendant was employed by the Claimant as a contractor having worked for Claimant's software 'VENDA' supplier. As the Defendant was an IT specialist he knew how VENDA worked and he used this knowledge to knowingly make orders with credit, reduce items before purchase and the items delivered to either his work's address (i,e VENDA HQ) or a house which the Claimant has ascertained is owned by the Defendant.I would like to defend these allegations and need to respond by the 26th Feb.

Ok. You simple reply with your version of events.

It is not a witness statement but you either admit or deny them.

It does not say what the claim is for against you.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Ok. I can reply with my version of events or with a acknowledgement of service which would give me more time to prepare my version of events?The claim appears to be for a total loss sum plus investigation fees.

Ok. So breach of contract?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Well there is no actual mutually signed contract of employment?
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
The claim form makes no mention of contract breach?

Ok. So is it just that which is being claimed as you copied and pasted?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
That's correct.

Ok. I would therefore just reply back saying

The claimant has failed to plead a legal claim. There is no cause of action and as such the defendant is unable to plead a defence.

Just put that, nothing else.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Many thanks Jamie, your advice is very much appreciated and it has been a pleasure chatting with you. Thank again.