How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7678
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

There is a group of us that would like to sue a spiritual

This answer was rated:

There is a group of us that would like to sue a spiritual teacher for sexual misconduct, embezzlement and abusive behaviour. How do we go about doing this?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The spiritual teacher lives in the UK. I also reside in the UK. But the other people are from Australia, USA, Netherlands etc. We were inspired by this recent case and what to do the same.

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you Jamie. It is not money we want, but this person stopped from doing what they are doing. This teacher is a cult, with cult behaviour and is extremely dangerous. Would this be the same procedure?

Yes. But it would be an injunction.

Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Great, can I help with anything else today?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When in HM Courts website - where do I find 'making an Injunction'

You can’t do that online, you have to submit a paper claim.

Does that clairfy?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you