How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7682
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Please I need a solicitor to seek advice on how to evict s

This answer was rated:

Please I need a solicitor to seek advice on how to evict s tenant
Thank you

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you,

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please I need s solicitor so seek advice on how to evict a tenant
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay I have a flat rented to a guy who pays rent have and even owing two months rent

Yes, what is it you want to know?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Legal means if evicting such tenant
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Legal means of evicting such tenant
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Jamie waiting for your response

Please bear in mind this is not an on demand service.

Is the tenant in breach it in fixed tenancy?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Yes please to what?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We have tenancy agreement fixing the rent at £1200.00 per month
He paid full for the first month and paid only £530 .00 for the second month.
Before the rent was increased to £1200 per month he was paying 1000.00 per month. And was owing arrears for two months. We sat down and prepared a signed agreement that he will pay the arrears by the end of November 2017. When came November 2017 he began to tell me stories. Now am fed up with his tricks and want to evict him
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That’s why I need legal backing to evict him

Ok, did you protect his deposit?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What is protect his deposit
He paid deposit to me


Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I kept his deposit £1000.00 but owing 2 and half months now

Is the deposit protected in an approved scheme?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No this guy is some I knew

ok. But did he have an assured shorthold tenancy?p

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Prepared by me and signed by both us and witness

ok. When?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can’t remember exact date as am at work but it’s November 2017

Right. Fixed for minimum period of six months?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
One year

Ok. The bad news is that you can not take any step to evict without protecting the deposit,

Even though he is a friend you have an AST the jaw says you can not take any step to evict unless you have protected the deposit.

So you can’t even issue a notice to quit. So you need to

1) protect the deposit

2) once you have serve a section 8 notice

3) an approved one can be found at

4) if not complied then seek an order for posession

5) this can be done at

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay thank you so much
I will continue when I get home and will contact you when help is needed

no problem