Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I ran a Limited Company for 20 + years and then closed it

I ran a Limited Company for 20 + years and then closed it down for legitimate reasons, without owing any debt and without being aware of any potential complaints being made against it. I then opened a new company in a different name (again for legitimate reasons), and continued to trade in the same commodities. Some time after this was carried out, a customer dating from before the closure of the original company, started claiming that the new company was legally bound to deal with his complaint (which by the way is unjustified), we tried to help him but he wouldn't help himself and is now threatening legal action against the current company.
My question is this, are there any situations or conditions where he might win such a claim?Thank you
Trevor Langfield

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you,

When did you close it down?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
May 2016
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I prefer text thank you and I'm hoping that a simple yes or no will do the job but maybe I'm being to optimistic?
It was actually the end of May start of June

Ok. Then no you do not have to deal with the complaint.

It is a new company. Not liable.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That's what I felt sure was the case, so thank you for confirming that for me and yes I will give you a 5 star rating.

thanks.