How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7720
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

We are having a dispute with a loan company over legal costs

This answer was rated:

We are having a dispute with a loan company over legal costs and management fees. This went to court in 2016 where they applied for a possesion order. We have complied with everything the court asked us to do, to clear the loan. The possesion order was sqaushed last march/april and the end of all payments and the loan was cleared.The loan company is trying to charge us for management fees that were not added at the time of the court hearing but had already been added to the account. The omitted adding these to the total amount repayable when giving the court the final figure.They are also asking us to pay for their legal costs which again were not claimed at the hearing. This loan was transferred from the previous loan company to the cureent one. We have no agreement to pay their legal fees. We have also asked them to break down the legal fees to show what they are charging for and the refuse to do this.The are refusing to remove the charge on our property while these are outstanding. At the same time they refuse to do anything (including taking legal action against us) until it is paid or the house is sold.How do we proceed to argue these charges through legal meansMany thanks
Patrick Ames

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Just to be clear you have complied with the court order in full?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes it was all fully complied with and the possesion order was not given as we made all payments on time and the loan etc has been paid in full

ok. Then write and make a formal complaint. They have to investigate and come back to you,

If they do not uphold it then you can complain to the financial ombudsman. They offer a free and independent service at

Failing that you can issue proceedings and ask a court to order they remove the charge. Clearly there is a cost to that so I would go via the ombudman first

That should resolve the matter.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Many thanks. We have complained to them and they refuse to remove the charge. We went to the ombudsman about the money they were trying to claim but not to get the charge removed.
Do you know roughly how much the court charges for us to apply to have the charge removed?

The court fee to issue is £308

Does that clairfy?

Jamie-Law and 6 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Many thanks