I received a letter from the Debt collection agency that is

Hi there,I received a letter from the Debt collection agency that is threatening me a notice of statutory demand of winding up my business because of an unpaid Electricity bill.However the thing is the Collection agency had a contract and agreement with a company that used to sub let an office space with us in 2016. So the bill is not under our company name but another company that shared the office space with us and other small companies.What can I do? they are pinning this debt on us even when it is not under our company name and no matter how many times I tell them to show me proof that it is under us they cannot.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

What is the amount in question?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The amount in question is £4061.57

OK, thank you for your response. Leave it with me for now and I will review the relevant information and laws and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Many thanks for your patience. To be able to close your utilities supply down, the company will have to go to court and get a court warrant allowing that. This process would prompt a formal court hearing where you can argue your case as to why a warrant should not be issued. Whilst the company can be somewhat ignorant about the fact the bill is not yours, a court would not be so much. They will consider your defence more seriously and once it becomes clear that you have no legal liabilities over this debt, they should not issue the warrant. It is a shame that you may have to wait until this is heard in court to be able to ensure this goes no further, but at least this is the last safety net before an official decision is made.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you