31090051

Business Law. Can I write in a distribution contract that a

Business Law. Can I write in a distribution contract that a distributor has sole and exclusive rights?

Are you the supplier?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No. distributor

There is no reason why you can’t seek exclusive rights if the supplier agrees and provided that there is no breach of UK or EU competition law. In the UK, the Competition Act 1998 is relevant. If a distribution agreement prevents, restricts or distorts competition in the Uk then it is caught. It will generally not be deemed to do so if the market share is less than 25% except where prices are fixed, minimum retail prices are fixed or share markets. Similar and complex rules exist under EU law. I hope that answers your question. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No. My question is about another subject, sorry, if I was unclear.
Can I use simultaneously words SOLE and EXCLUSIVE?

Yes you can.