How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7678
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have made a claim 16 months ago after a car accident I

This answer was rated:

I have made a claim 16 months ago after a car accident I suffered which is still on going. The other driver was to blame and accept liability. My solicitors Carpenters have so far paid for my physio and have been recommended CBT treatment. Nothing has changed in the past 6 months and there has been no improvements towards receiving the treatment. When I have asked what the hold up is, they say the defendants solicitors are refusing to pay the cost of CBT treatment and have also raised concerns of loosing the details to my case. What can I do? Can the defendants insurers refuse the cost of treatment when they have accepted liability? My solicitors are so unhelpful and I never get any answers.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Have D had their own medical report for you? Or just your own?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
yeah they have had a medical report too

Their own or the one by your Sols?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Ok - then your Sols need to apply to Court for an interim payment.

There is no other way of doing it if D Sols are refusing to pay.

An application to Court must be made.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They have already offered an interim payment the but cost is not the issue.
My question is can they refuse to pay for my CBT treatment recommended by my solicitors when the driver has already ta***** *****ability

Yes they can. It would be for a Court to determine whether it is needed and the appropriate cost for it.

So they can sadly. Your Sols nee to make an application to Court.

Does that assist?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you