Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor

I have made a claim 16 months ago after a car accident I

I have made a claim 16 months ago after a car accident I suffered which is still on going. The other driver was to blame and accept liability. My solicitors Carpenters have so far paid for my physio and have been recommended CBT treatment. Nothing has changed in the past 6 months and there has been no improvements towards receiving the treatment. When I have asked what the hold up is, they say the defendants solicitors are refusing to pay the cost of CBT treatment and have also raised concerns of loosing the details to my case. What can I do? Can the defendants insurers refuse the cost of treatment when they have accepted liability? My solicitors are so unhelpful and I never get any answers.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Have D had their own medical report for you? Or just your own?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
yeah they have had a medical report too

Their own or the one by your Sols?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.

Ok - then your Sols need to apply to Court for an interim payment.

There is no other way of doing it if D Sols are refusing to pay.

An application to Court must be made.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
They have already offered an interim payment the but cost is not the issue.
My question is can they refuse to pay for my CBT treatment recommended by my solicitors when the driver has already ta***** *****ability

Yes they can. It would be for a Court to determine whether it is needed and the appropriate cost for it.

So they can sadly. Your Sols nee to make an application to Court.

Does that assist?