12826847

What are the chances of being convicted for touching a

What are the chances of being convicted for touching a child's leg?

Hi can you explain exactly the situation that occurred - thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I worked at a school as a Teaching Assistant and was working with a boy who was not concentrating so tapped his knee to get his attention. Someone must have seen and thought it might not be appropriate so raised an allegation. I have a solicitor working with me as it may go to court.

It depends on the nature of the touching and the credibility of the witnesses really.

If it is as you say, then that is not sexual. It is just not. It does not offend.

However, for you the other issue if your DBS check so you may need to take action against the accuser afterwards.

Obviously they may be offering a different account though.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
All is clear. Many thanks for your time.

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/