How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71520
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I had little accident with my car, I punch little bit

This answer was rated:

Hello. I had little accident with my car, I punch little bit another car. I was driving my car. With driver another car we decided not call for insurance company about accident, because it's was little scratch and it's will go scratch if to do polish of car. We decided by word. So I was happy to pay for that and find garage where to fix his car. Now I get letter from my insurance saying I'm not report about the accident. So I'm understood the guy was reported about that. Accident happened on 9/2/12 and only now I get report from my insurance company. What I can do in this situation? If it's was not agreed with person, I will report same day my accident but now this guy put me in trouble.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Now insurance blame me I didn't report about accident. With guy agree his not report and I'm too. Witch right I have in this case?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Which. Sorry

You have the same rights as every other citizen under the HRA and domestic law.

Could you ask a more specific question?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The rules of my insurance company states, that if I won't report my accident within 24 hours I will have to pay £500. But as we agreed with the guy, that we'll not do any reports and just sort the problem by ourselves, I, of course, didn't reported to my insurance company. But a few days later I'm getting a letter from insurance, that I haven't reported the accident. It means that they'll charge me for that. But it happened, just because that guy cheated me and reported the accident, without informing me about that.I don't want to pay those £500. Is it possible to do something in this situation?

Thank you.

You are perfectly entitled to settle without claiming on your insurance but the problem here is that you are seeking to claim on your insurance. I realise that that might have been his choice and not yours but that is not the issue here.

They can't find new failing to report although they could dishonour the claim. What they can do though is make you pay the excess of £500 I'm afraid.

I'm very sorry but that's the reality.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, I'm understand. Thanks for your help

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you