How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7662
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

My neighbour banging slamming doors very loud at midnight

This answer was rated:

My neighbour banging slamming doors very loud at midnight gone and wakeing me up. I can't talk to them what can I do. This is now happening every night. I have Multiple. Sclerosis is and need a good nights sleep. This is really stressful.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today.

Is he an owner occupier or renting?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I own my house but she is rented

Ok - you should complain to the Council. They will come out and install noise monitoring equipment.

If it is above-permitted levels then they will contact the tenant and issue a warning.

If they continue with the noise then they can be prosecuted.

But go to Environmental Health of the Council - that is where you start.

Clearly permitted levels differ. For example, in a city, the level expected would be higher than a small village.

But the Council offers a free option which should resolve the matter.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you