12826847

My property is one of seven with a private lane. The

Customer Question

My property is one of seven with a private lane. The entrance is bordered by the rear boundary fence of an adjacent property. The fence was erected in 2017 and the workers left stones and rubble at the bottom. As our lane is unmade, continuous use has caused an accumulation of mud to the rubble.
Attempts to contact the fence owner were made at the time, both personally and in writing and a further letter was sent two weeks ago asking that he discuss the matter. He has ignored the issue completely.
All residents in the lane are retired, with a number having ongoing medical problems.
We now wish to invest in improvements to the lane to ensure better access.
Could you please advise as to our rights in law.
***** *****
Expert:  F E Smith replied 5 months ago.

Hello for clarification - have you sent letter from all of the residents affected or just yourself?

Was all this rubbish just left behind when you want it moved or is there more to it than this?

How much will it cost to move the rubbish?

The full background situation would be helpful please.