Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I've recently been offered a office based job conditional on

hi, I've recently been offered a office based job conditional on health assessment. on the health form I was asked to fill in my GP details. This is the first time I've seen this and does this mean by doing that, I give them the consent to access my medical history?

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Does it only ask you to fill in your GP details, without mentioning what you are consenting to?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
only GP details

Providing your GP’s details will, in itself, not amount to consent to have your medical records disclosed. The GP will not be able to do this without some form of formal consent form signed by you. All the details would allow your employer to do is contact your GP, but they cannot ask them to disclose any specific information without a written consent form. They would therefore require more than just the GP’s details.

Once you do give consent for access to your medical records, you can request that any report or documents sent to the employer in response are sent to you first before being sent on to the employer.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you