31090051

How does a joint enduring power of attorney work? If one is

how does a joint enduring power of attorney work?
If one is a solicitor, and some action has to be taken on behalf of the principal, does that incurr a fee from the solicitor when he is informed of the action to be activated?

Thanks for your question. The fact that one of the attorneys is a solicitor doesn’t in itself mean that legal fees are charged. The work done, if it is legal work, will be chargeable by the solicitor. Just because the solicitor is an attorney doesn’t mean that he will do legal work for nothing. If both attorneys agree that legal work is needed then the solicitor is entitled to be paid for that. Happy to discuss. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.