Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I bought a car for £23.000 dealer told me that I got 3 monts

Hello I bought a car for £23.000 dealer told me that I got 3 monts warranty for everything after 3 weeks of driving a car so many problems appear he direct me to a garage and garage estimated repair for around £6000 but a dealer want only to cover £1000. I also left my car as a part exchange with a dealer he told me that I can return a car but I have to take my old one back. Dealer done some body work on my old car and to take my old car back I need to pay £500. I don’t want my old car back I just want to return the car and get a refund. As he beach the contract with me saying that I got a warranty for everything for 3 monts. I don’t want to be responsible for any additional cost as that’s not my fault. Dealer also told me when I bought the car that car have a full service history but unfortunately after checking this a service history I found out that there it’s none. Can you advocate me what to do please. As I got a car that it’s not made for purpose

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 goods must be-

- fit for purpose

- as described

- of suitable quality

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is more the 14 day since I bought a car what I should say to dealer
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I just don’t want to take my old car back and be responsible for paint work done as dealer decided about it not me. Can I just ask for refund for the car that the sold me due to customer rights as they brake all of them 3
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
As they pushing me to take my old car back they payed me £9500 for it as a part exchange £6100 went to cover my car loan, and the rest was added to a purchase of a new car. I part exchange a car with a reason that I wanted to have a bigger car a just don’t want my old car back as it’s not suttible for my family any longer

You still need to write and demand a refund or say you will go to Court.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you will be able to write a letter for me

I can not do that sadly. We are an online only service.

You just outline all the problems and say under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 you want your money back.

That is it.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That’s ok not a problem. But do I have to take my old car back?

No. Just your money back.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Then they can’t push me in to a deal “ take your old car back and pay additional £500 for paint work and we will refund you a money for a car that you purchase from as”

No they can't

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your help. Have a nice weekend

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the top of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you in advance and good luck!