How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 13489
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

If I'm living in Spain and my ex-wife and two kids are

This answer was rated:

If I'm living in Spain and my ex-wife and two kids are living in Scotland, am I am still bound by Scottish child support laws?

Thank you for your question. The answer is that you are bound by child maintenance laws. There are reciprocal enforcement laws between the Scots courts and the Spanish courts under which an order in Scotland can be registered for enforcement in Spain. You should reach an agreement if you can because the court costs can be high and it is you that would end up paying them. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited fro my time.

JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you