31090051

If I'm living in Spain and my ex-wife and two kids are

If I'm living in Spain and my ex-wife and two kids are living in Scotland, am I am still bound by Scottish child support laws?

Thank you for your question. The answer is that you are bound by child maintenance laws. There are reciprocal enforcement laws between the Scots courts and the Spanish courts under which an order in Scotland can be registered for enforcement in Spain. You should reach an agreement if you can because the court costs can be high and it is you that would end up paying them. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited fro my time.