How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34999
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

My girlfriend is divorced with a child. The father lives in

This answer was rated:

My girlfriend is divorced with a child. The father lives in a different country, currently has no VISA to visit the UK. The father has not contributed to the child's life since birth except appearing in a few photos shown holding the child. If he enters the UK does he have any rights towards his child?

Is he on the birth certificate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is

Ok so he would be able to apply to the court for a child arrangement order to spend time with the child. There is no guarantee that the court would consider that it is the welfare of the child to spend time with the father, but he would be entitled to make an application to the court. Please rate positive.

ivorylounge and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Many thanks, ***** ***** do