ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

My girlfriend is divorced with a child. The father lives in

My girlfriend is divorced with a child. The father lives in a different country, currently has no VISA to visit the UK. The father has not contributed to the child's life since birth except appearing in a few photos shown holding the child. If he enters the UK does he have any rights towards his child?

Is he on the birth certificate?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is

Ok so he would be able to apply to the court for a child arrangement order to spend time with the child. There is no guarantee that the court would consider that it is the welfare of the child to spend time with the father, but he would be entitled to make an application to the court. Please rate positive.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Many thanks, ***** ***** do