12826847

Does a dog rescue have authority to take back a dog without

Does a dog rescue have authority to take back a dog without warning and under what circumstances can this occur assuming that all the criteria in the rehoming has been met. This only a query.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

They do if it was in your adoption contract and those conditions are met.

It depends on the adoption contract.

If it is drafted correctly they do.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
this means that you never 'own ' the dog and they can claim back said dog without any notice regardless of the contract signed and complied with when such dog is rehomed from them. If so I wonder how many people are aware of this when signing a contract should this not be so? Seen and heard of so many stories and would like to clarify this before considering this option
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The contract I am referring to just list criteria that have to be met and if these are not met then they can reclaim the dog but nothing else is stated about just being able to come and reclaim the dog at their whim would like a clarification of this please. Would do phone but £44 on top of what I have paid is not a viable option for this query for me. Thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please an answer yes or no. very quick response to first query but nothing else to my further ones

The reason you are experiencing delay is that you keep posting before I have responded which pushes the question to be back of my list.

The reclaim term in the contract is rarely enforced. It only really arises in the even of mistreatment, lack of adequate care or inability to keep dogs.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you . Sorry not good on these things. Has helped to clarify what these contracts mean.

No problem

All the best.