12826847

Is it totally legal for a 16 year old girl to have sex with

Is it totally legal for a 16 year old girl to have sex with a 70 year old man?

Potentially. The age of consent to any form of sexual activity is 16 for both men and women. The age of consent is the same regardless of the gender or sexual orientation of a person and whether the sexual activity is between people of the same or different gender.

It is an offence for anyone to have any sexual activity with a person under the age of 16. It is an offence for a person aged 18 or over to have any sexual activity with a person under the age of 18 if the older person holds a position of trust (for example a teacher or social worker) as such sexual activity is an abuse of the position of trust.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you but I already know this. My friend works for the Ministry of Justice and says that such activity under the age of 18 is prohibited. Can you advise further as your answer has not added to information available on various websites.

There really isn’t much more to say. The law is very clear and your friend is simply wrong. You have asked me the question and I have confirmed it.

Yes, it is legally.

Your friend is wrong unless there is a breach of a position of trust which is not the information you have given.

We can only give you the legally correct answer as opposed to the one you want.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My concern was more about the 70 year old man being involved in grooming of the 16 year old girl. No evidence but could he be accused of this?

Well, that is not the question you asked.

Clearly it is an extremely dangerous situation for him to be in.

But that is not what you asked.

I would be happy to look at that issue but please rate my answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will rate you positively when just a little more clarification is given. If the man had no contact with the girl until she was age 16 is there any way he can still be accused of grooming even though she had attained the age of consent prior to their having any contact whatsoever? Thank you.

Sorry, not prepared to carry on then as you have previously left a negative rating.

Experience: Over 5 years in practice