How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6331
Type Your Law Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Hope you can help, in a nutshell my employers have been

This answer was rated:

hope you can help, in a nutshell my employers have been getting my PAYE wrong since 2015 which has resulted in repeated bills for several thousand pounds from HMRC, my employers view is that 'Payroll' are rubbish at what they do and there is nothing we can do about it. Needless to say this is causing me financial hardship with the latest bill being for over £5000 then I find out I have another £3000 to pay for last year and I haven't even cleared the £5k yet! This is also causing me severe mental and physical distress, is there anything I can do?

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

My advice would be to take the matter of your employers slovenly approach to PAYE accounting with HMRC. The whole idea of PAYE is to make you tax neutral at the conclusion of each tax year. I should know, my Mother introduced it into the BBC at its inception in the early 40s to the fury of a lot of the employees!

That might well be the bet approach.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, not exactly sure what HMRC will do, as much as I appreciate your help I was expecting an answer from a solicitor as that is what I thought I was paying for, this doesn't answer my question about the mental distress either.
Not pleased about being charged £47 just to be told to go to HMRC and ask them to sort it out - like they will bother.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now you want to charge me £44 for a phone call? Unreal!

I do not want to charge you anything. I have tried to re-categorise you question to the Law category and await moderator's authority.

bigduckontax and other Law Specialists are ready to help you