How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11586
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

We have a case with the small claims court and have received

This answer was rated:

Hi we have a case with the small claims court and have received a judgement order saying our claim has been struck out because we didn’t file the directions questionnaire. We have never received this questionnaire or any paperwork from the court what can we do as we definitely want to proceed. Thank you

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Did you get a reminder?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No no reminder

Then you need to check the address the court has. When a defence is filed you will get the DQ. If that is not returned then the court will give you a reminder. That is unless the DQ is filed the claim will be struck out.

You need to make an application to reinstate the claim.

You do this by completing form n244

There is a court fee to pay unless you are entitled to fee remission. But the application can be referred to a judge who will decide whether to reinstate the claim.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you