31090051

I issued a letter before action to ex-Landlord for non

I issued a letter before action to ex-Landlord for non compliance with deposit protection. The Landlord replied by saying that they would counter claim for damages to the property that were 'meticulously hidden' and therefore not discovered until after they had done a checkout. I was astonished by this. However they just said '£3,500 total damages'. Are they obliged to give me details of these so called hidden damages to the property or not?
Edward

Thanks for your question. If someone seeks to advance a case against you, you have to be given fair notice of that case. There is a pre action protocol and you have to be told what the nature of the damage is and the quantification of it so as to allow you the opportunity to consider your position. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you so much for your swift response. So to be clear I should respond by requesting a breakdown of the damage and - when you say quantify, do you mean ask the landlord how they are attributing hits damage to me? I have attached my letter and the response if it helps. Thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Yes, you should ask for specification of the damage and details of the costs.