Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

A family member has recently been sentenced of a sex related

A family member has recently been sentenced of a sex related crime . Although the arrest was well over a year ago , he kept it all secret and now It appears most of the facts he’s told us are rubbish/ lies . Is it possible to get the police investigation reports or any records of their investigation to ascertain the truth especially how the police became involved in the first instance ?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Sadly not. It is nothing to do with you. This would have been disclosed to the defence.

Only they are entitled to it and the rules say they can not be disclosed outside of criminal proceedings.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest,