How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 8042
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

A family member has recently been sentenced of a sex related

This answer was rated:

A family member has recently been sentenced of a sex related crime . Although the arrest was well over a year ago , he kept it all secret and now It appears most of the facts he’s told us are rubbish/ lies . Is it possible to get the police investigation reports or any records of their investigation to ascertain the truth especially how the police became involved in the first instance ?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Sadly not. It is nothing to do with you. This would have been disclosed to the defence.

Only they are entitled to it and the rules say they can not be disclosed outside of criminal proceedings.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest,

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Jamie-Law and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you