How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 13654
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I'm based in Edinburgh,Scotland I've lend a friend £1000 via

This answer was rated:

I'm based in Edinburgh,Scotland I've lend a friend £1000 via bank transfer for her Holidays we had a verbal contract but now refuses to pay even a monthly amount

Thank you for your question. Does your friend also stay in Scotland?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she lives in Edinburgh

In that case you can issue a demand letter for repayment. If it is ignored you can sue her under what is called Simple Procedure at Edinburgh Sheriff Court. You can get the guidelines and the forms at and you don’t need to use a solicitor. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,could you be more specific where shall I look for guidelines and forms in the link you provided?
thank you