Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I took out a new phone,broadband and T V, contract with TALK

I took out a new phone,broadband and T V , contract with TALK TALK , activation date was 22nd August 2017. However from the start we were unable to receive incoming calls except from Talk Talk customers.
I rang Talk Talk at least twice a week for 8 weeks without any success and then I told them that I would have to find an alternative provider which I did,.This provider sorted out the problem within 3 hours of their engineer's visit but is costing me a lot more money.
My concern is that Talk Talk are not giving up on the balance of the money they claim I owe and I would like to know whether I have good grounds for not paying them the money for "breaking the contract " as I maintain that they never completed their side of the deal.Regards ***** ***** phone number 020 81411910 0r*********** E Mail***@******.***

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

So why were Talk Talk unable to resolve the issue exactly? What reason did they provide?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No reason.They didn't seem to know what to do

OK, thank you for your response and for the phone call request. I am not available to talk at this present time but leave it with me for now and I will review the relevant information and laws and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

You can indeed argue that they have failed to undertake their part of the contract and provide you with the services they promised. However, you need to show that this was a serious enough breach to justify the whole contract being cancelled, including for the other services. After all, it was only the calls you had an issue with and you could still make calls, just not receive all of them. Of course, it is a breach but just how serious of a breach it was would be the main question. I suggest you contact their complaints department and pursue this through full completion with their internal customer services. After that I suggest you go to the Ombudsman, a free service which can look into this from a neutral perspective and issue a binding decision.

To force you to pay Talk Talk has to take you to court and win and they may never actually go that far, especially as they are in the wrong to some extent.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you