ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

I have had a letter from my ex wife's solicitor confirming

Hi i have had a letter from my ex wife's solicitor confirming issuing divorce proceedings and details of the ammicable split and what is happeing with the house and finances. I have also recived the divorce papers and competed those and sent back to the court.How do i respond back to the solicitor if i am happy with the content of the letter and if i am respresenting myself?

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

I am happy to hear that matters are amicable between you.

In relation to the divorce the court will send a copy of your completed acknowledgement of service form to your wife's solicitor. You can also simply state that you are currently representing yourself in the proceedings and therefore they should continue to send all correspondences to you directly.

You can send a simple letter saying that you have received the papers and that you have responded to the papers by returning the same to court, a copy of which they will receive in the next couple of days.

In relation to the matrimonial finances, if you have also agreed the division, then your wife's solicitors will prepare a consent order to confirm what has been agreed. This will be sent to you for your approval and signature in due course.

Consent orders in relation to the matrimonial finances are normally sent to the court for approval at the same time as applying for decree absolute in the divorce proceedings and once approved by a Judge it becomes a legally binding order.

You can state in your correspondence now that you look forward to receiving a copy of the draft consent order for your consideration and approval in due course.

It is worth considering instructing a solicitor to look over the consent order for you once you receive this. You do not have to do this but it is worth considering as they can tell you if it is what you are expecting and if it adequately protects your position.

Caroline

Please kindly remember to rate positively by using the stars so that credit is received for helping you today