How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12107
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

In 2015 I fell out with a time friend, with whom I shared an

This answer was rated:

Hello there, in 2015 I fell out with a long time friend, with whom I shared an office. We have some minor work formalities that we need to communicate to as we use to have a share a company (nothing major, mostly resolved) however sometimes there are various left over work matters which sometimes need to be addressed between us. This refers to an office we had in India. We are both UK nationals residing in London.
The person in question has quite an aggressive approach, and we liaise via email infrequently on past work matters, however the general tone of the contact is quite stressful for myself, and I want to eliminate direct contact via all mediums. The general approach is quite narcisstic and it does phase me. Ultimately I want him to be able to only contact via a solicitor, and have some form barrier between us, so he cannot directly contact me mainly for my own emotional wellbeing
He hasn’t done anything illegal, and I am querying what my options are and what services I can use to implement this,
With thanks

You can insist that all correspondence goes through a solicitor or other third party if you wish. If the aggressive ex-friend refuses to do so, and continues to harass you, you can either apply to court for an injunction to stop him contacting you except through your solicitor or you can ask the solicitor to warn him that if he carries on harassing you, he will be prosecuted for harassment. The statutory provision is the Protection from Harassment Act.

Simply the fact that you don’t want to hear directly from him is sufficient that if he continues to contact you, he is harassing you.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

I’m happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

Please take a moment to look at the top right hand corner of the page and rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen. It’s important you use the rating service because that gives me credit. It doesn’t just give me a pat on the head! (Although there is an incentive scheme where the more five-star ratings I get, I do actually get a pat on the head! :-)) All you need to do is press Submit. Thank you.

If you still need any point clarifying, I will still reply because the thread does not close.

Best wishes.


F E Smith and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** nice response - are you able to provide your services for assisting as a solicitor here?