Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I had some paving made as a special, the paving was

hi , I had some paving made as a special, the paving was delivered with the correct colour stamped on the paving, but it turned out they had made the wrong colour, we had installed the paving, they have replaced the paving with the correct colour, im I in my rights to charge for the labour to replace the paving, for the supplier

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Did you not notice it was the wrong colour when it was delivered?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No as it was a special order, and not off the shelf, the colour was ment to be natural buff, it turned out they had made sandy buff

Did you install it yourself?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
are company was contracted

Ok. I am just struggling to see how if you ordered and installed it, how you didn't realise it was the wrong colour?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The paving was specified on a drawing along with supplier, as it was a special order, we would not have seen it before, our internal QA, states we check the order placed, check the delivery document, check the product is labeled correctly, which in this case it did, it was only when the planners visits site to sign off, the colour was picked up, Charcon, admitted fault , re made the correct colour paving, but i have to pay to re lift the wrong paving and deposit of it and re lay the new, ???

Do they accept it was wrong?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
they have admitted it was made wrong , and replaced it free of charge, but state the relaying costs are they issue, or disposal of 700m2 of paving.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.