Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am unhappy with how Sharps have installed my dressing

Hello,I am unhappy with how Sharps have installed my dressing table, which does not give me room to access my stool without stepping over it or the cupboard door to open, once the stool is pulled out.
I consider the dressing table as not being 'fit for purpose' and have spoken a number of times to Customer Service and the supervisor too, to give them a chance to put things right.
After sending photos and a video showing the problem, they say it was measured and is fit for purpose, saying that I would be able to just about get my leg into the gap between the dressing table and stool, as it has been made bespoke to me. I asked how about if I were bigger, and the reply was that it was taken into account with me.
They are willing to reimburse me for the stool, but not the dressing table, however, the have never shown any prices for the items that were not made to measure, but I was told that they would send ne the price for the stool.
As I deem the dressing table with side cupboard and stool not fit for purpose, I asked about being reimbursed for these, and I would then buy an extra chest of drawers, as I have conceded that I will not be able to have a dressing table, as I had wanted.What can I do please?Kind regards***** *****

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

What is the cost of the table please, Sarah?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
She said as it was made to measure that she can't give a cost - it is just a piece of wood laid across between the chest of drawers and side unit.

I will call shortly, it will show as withheld.