Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have paid double glaze company first instalment in October

I have paid double glaze company first instalment in October 2017. In December 2028 they asked for second instalment saying the money is for buy materials. So I agreed to pay . In February 2018 I received an email from this company saying the HMRC VAT havent pay and the trade can’t be carry on till end of March . What should I do

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He said he can’t trade because of HMRC VAT is not clear till March . The job agreed in Oct but not date given till now . What should I do

I will call shortly, will show as withheld.