How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7154
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
Type Your Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

My family and I are applying for Deputyship for my Dad who

Customer Question

My family and I are applying for Deputyship for my Dad who is currently in an old peoples home suffering from dementia.We have been told that he has about a year left and we need to find a solicitor/legal representative to make our application.At present we cannot access funds from his account in order to be able to pay his bill and currently social services will be covering the costs until monies are available.I have already downloaded information and forms from the HMRC website and so far have forwarded the Mental Compacity Assessment section to the GP who is currently looking after Dads medical needs.As this matter is pretty urgent do you have any suggestions for legal representation as to be honest time is running out.I was dads carer before he was admitted into the home and I am currently unemployed.Sorry for the long winded story but I hope that you will be able to help.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 10 months ago.

I would suggest that you visit your local Citizens Advice who should be able to assist you with preparing the papers and the application at no cost to you.

If there are any further points please reply I will be happy to respond.

Kindly either accept or rate my answer on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes