12826847

Allegation by 3 girls (friends) who said they saw me

Customer Question

Allegation by 3 girls (friends) who said they saw me masturbating in car. I was not doing such an act. Even though innocent what are chances of me being charged with this offence. I have a professional career and just started a family. Had a baby 1 week ago. And feel all this could jeopardise my life. Help please
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

have the police contacted you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
they contacted to say you meet the description given by the girls. They said wasn't under arrest but arranged a time to come into station for formal interview
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.

Why have they done this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Who?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thing is I do get frequent nose bleeds due to multiple broken nose injuries. I have had surgery to fix the nose bleeds which haven't worked. So I have tissues in car to help with bleeding when it happens. They possibly saw me clearing tissues from my lap and assumed I was being indecent
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Am not sure if because they were 3 girls together it will be 3 against 1 and I will end up convicted and my career ruined and family ruined
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It was at a time I usually finish from work and head home
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.

Ok. I'm not sure what your question is about this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well my question is where do I stand. What are chances of me getting convicted? Will I be sent to prison? Am scared my career and family life will be ruined from this.
Is it a situation of 3 witnesses vs 1 even though they didn't see the situation correctly
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What are repercussions for such an act
Can I protest my innocence
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.

It's not really possible to say.

Three witnesses are a lot. However, the more witnesses there are the more chance there is for inconsistency.

If you are are running mistake then the chances they were all three mistaken are fairly low bit you always have the argument that they may have spoken to each other and affected each other's memory since.

You wouldn't get custody for a first offence of indecent exposure but obviously it's an undesirable conviction.

Can I clarify anything for you ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
if I get convicted what am I likely to be facing
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.

Again, difficult to say on these facts. I haven't had vision of the case.

Normally people with no previous and no particular aggravating features get a community order though but which type is not really possible to predict as it turns on facts.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Would it involve the sex offenders register?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.

If you are convicted of indecent exposure then you will be added to the register I'm afraid.

I'm happy to continue with this but please rate my answer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Other than indecent exposure can I be convicted for anything else. Like would it just come under indecent exposure
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.

....