12826847

I had my licence revoked for6 months for testing positive

Customer Question

i had my licence revoked for6 months for testing positive for cannabis,THC.daterevoked was 13th August 2017’my 6mnts is up on the 13th Aptil.i have been to see GP and urine tested negtive,and have sent relative information to DVLA.I do expect a medical appointment, but how long should i expect a reply
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: consett county Durham UK
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes,i was tested by a medical urine samplefor all drugs and drink,organised by DVLA in september 2017,because of information recieved,not known of who,I recieved letter revoking licence for 6mnts
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have not taken any drugs or drink since that date ,I used to be on tramadol prescribed but had already stopped taking them approximately 2yrs ago
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Do you mean a reply from the DVLA?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Does it have to phone them.As I have already said I have sent the relative information to the DVLA

It can take a month or two to reply.

If it takes longer you can chase it up and then go to the Ombudsman.

But they are not quick, sadly.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.