12826847

I had a CCJ whilst abroad. I came back to UK to find this. I

Customer Question

Good morning. I had a CCJ whilst abroad. I came back to UK to find this. I filled in N244 and paid £255 for the judgment to be set aside. I went to court or hearing on the 31st of May 2017 and it was set aside provided I filed a full defence and serve a copy on the claimant by 1600 on the 21st of June 2017. The order arrived through the post on the 27th of June 2017 dated 24th of June 2017. I received it late. I still complied with the order and attached a letter explaining why I complied with the order late and also attached a copy of the late order. About two months later, I received a copy of the judgment through the post. I phoned the court and I was told the judgment still stands as I complied with the order late. I tried to explain why it was late and they advised me that they would forward the letter attached to the Judge or court manager for review and I would hear from them. I didn't hear from the court until sometime in December 2017 I had a letter from the claimant's lawyers demanding their money or payment. I quickly went back to the court and I was told to fill another N244 and pay another £255 as the first one didn't work. I did exactly that. The court went quite on it until I got a letter from the bailiffs saying a writ of control as been issued. I went back to the court again and the staff admited it was their fault of the delay so they tried and pushed it through for the case to go for hearing the following week which was the 5th of April 2017. The Judge blamed me for;
1. I complied with the order late regardless the order was late because I was physically present at hearing.
2, My defence wasn't a full one. She said it's just a statement.
She dismissed the hearing .
Even though I have a strong defence, I'm confused. How do I continue the case or come into agreement with the court to pay it in a reasonable amount? . The whole thing is stressing me. As a diabetic with high blood pressure, It's not easy or good for me. I believe the bailiffs would put more stress on me.
Even if I want to pay in reasonable installments the bailiffs wouldn't accept. For example, the total amount is £7124 and i would be able to afford £50 to £80 a month. If do this through the court they may accept. I'm considering this option because I think it's the end of the road unless you can advise me how to appeal . Notice of Enforcement was issued on the 26th of March 2018, and I attended the hearing on the 5th of April 2018. Can I deal with the court directly or I still have to deal with the bailiffs. If I have to deal with the bailiffs , how can I stop the writ of control?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Did you attend the hearing?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

So you knew the Judge ordered defence by 21 June 2017?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can't see your response

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I haven't got £42. I paid £56 for advice and I haven't received any response

I asked a question. I need to know whether at the hearing the judge told you to file a defence by 21 June 17

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Good morning. I'm not happy with this service. I paid for a service and paid extra as I wanted it urgently. You promised to give me the answer within the day by latest. As at now I haven't received the answer as promised. I needed the advice yesterday to make a decision as I'm travelling abroad. As I didn't have the advice, I negotiated the the claimant to pay by installment. Now the advice is not good for me anymore.

I had asked a question. You did not reply.

Please see my responses at:

6/4/18 - 08:46

6/4/18 - 09:25