How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32426
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I and my wife am receiving Pension Credit and other Benefits

Customer Question

I and my wife am receiving Pension Credit and other Benefits as we are (70 & 80 years old) and only have the state pension. However we own our one house and would like to know if we sold this and gave our son and daughter half each of the selling price less (£10,000 to £15,ooo) back for us would we still receive all Benefits?.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Our Son and Daughter would purchase a house in there name for us to live in rent free.
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What other benefits do you receive?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We do not pay council tax
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Why do you wish to give the money to your children at this stsage?